Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cheesy Goodness to Complete the Challenge

Today was a great, but very tiring day.  I took the girls to an Easter egg hunt, a visit with the Easter bunny and to a capacity busting Toys R Us.  It doesn’t sound like a lot, but it wore us all out.  So tonight, to wrap up this thirty day challenge we had Rotel dip and chips.  Easy “meal” and we ate it while watching Les Miserables.  It was a great ending to a great day.
I like to make my dip with ground turkey because I think it gives it a lighter flavor.
Brown a pound of ground meat of your choice, then put it in the crockpot with a bar of Velveeta cheese and a can of Rotel.  Some people add corn.  When the cheese is melted and you are ready to eat, just put it in a bowl and serve with tortilla chips! 
While it’s not a healthy recipe, sometimes I just want a comfort food smothered in cheese.  No apologies!
I hope you’ve enjoyed the first challenge.  Starting two days from now will be the 30 Days of Cupcakes Challenge!  If you are interested in making cupcakes for one day or thirty days next month, send me a picture and some words of your cupcakes to my email here.  This upcoming challenge will be great because cupcakes are a great way to show people some love, especially to someone who isn’t expecting it. 
I hope you are enjoying the blog, feel free to leave me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!