Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spaghetti Sauce and Soup for the Ill

Tonight I ventured off the beaten recipe path and made spaghetti sauce my way.  It included canned spaghetti sauce, ground sirloin, and a dash of cinnamon.  When I got home I made pasta, topped it with spaghetti sauce and cheese.  So good.

 
My family LOVES pasta so this was an easy crowd pleaser. 

Michelle is getting over the sickness that is going around, so making soup was right up her ally. 

She said, “This is our last of the soup and stew meals.  The only other one we have left is another bag of the spaghetti sauce.  We will do the pasta tomorrow night.” 
 

 

“This soup is good.  I used whole milk instead if half and half and penne as the pasta.  I'm going to add some more pepper to my bowl and serve it with crackers.  It's pretty yummy and I think it will settle well with my recently-unsettled stomach.  It also thawed quickly, which is helpful for me :)”
I want to start getting more dairy and processed foods out of my diet, so if anyone knows any great slow cooker recipes that are healthy please let me know.  Stews and soups need not apply.  ;-)

If you are interested in sharing your slow cooker meals this month, or cupcakes next month, send me anemail!  Bon appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!