Monday, March 4, 2013

Soup and Sandwiches

Yesterday my husband had to go to work so my daughters and I ate leftover Creamy Farmhouse Chicken and Garden Soup.  I drained off the liquid and let them eat the veggies and noodles.  They of course loved it.  Then there was a little soup left for lunch today.  I don’t mind eating the same thing again and I hate clutter in my fridge, so it works out well! 

Today is more soup.  For dinner we’re having Chicken Taco Soup. 
The picture does no justice for this soup! 

It’s not dinner time yet, but just like yesterday, the soup was done early.  What’s a girl to do?  Oh yeah, eat some!  The soup is chunky and spicy and just like I like it.  I’m glad that I tasted it before dinner time because I think this recipe will be a little too spicy for the girls too.  They’re willing spirits when it comes to trying things, but they’re still little so I know that they won’t like everything.  Tonight I’m going to mix in a little sour cream and have a few tortilla chips on the side.  Sounds good to me!



Last night while I was eating leftovers, Michelle was eating a sandwich.
 
 
She cooked Bean Stew for dinner, but by eight o’clock it still wasn’t done, so ham and turkey sandwiches it was!  Looks really good, Michelle!  She’s going to try the stew for dinner again tonight.
 
 

Molly had better luck with her Creamy Farmhouse Chicken and Garden Soup this time than she did last time.  She said, “Ate some today and it actually wasn't that bad, but like I said, I cooked it for too long and the chicken disintegrated.”  I bet it still tasted great.  I think if I had this same problem, which I may have had, had she not warned me, I would have added noodles and called it a day.  I think with the texture of the noodles, the soup would have still been delicious. 
 
 
What’s for dinner tonight in your house?  If you are late to the challenge, but would still like to participate send me an email!  We will be sharing our experiences with these recipes for the end of the month, and you are more than welcome to join in.  On March 16th, I will publish a new list of foods to prep and bag for the freezer so you can join then, if you ‘re worried about being late to the party.  ;-)

These recipes came from Loving My Nest.  The shopping list for these recipes is also from Loving My Nest and can be found here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!