Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Leftovers and Left Out

Tonight we had Pork and Veggies.  I made brown rice in the rice cooker so all of dinner was done when I came home.  That was the good news.  The bad news is I don’t think I’ll be making the Pork and Veggies again.  My husband said he thought it was good, but the girls and I mostly ate just rice.  I may have cooked it a little too long (low for eight hours) but I found it to be dry and flavorless. 

 
So my bowls might not be fancy tonight, but soft plastic bowls come in really handy when little hands are learning to pass dishes!


Molly and her family had leftover Beef Stew.  I told you these recipes go a long way!


And for Michelle, she is fighting with her inner domestic goddess.  For the record, she is no Suzie Homemaker.  She happens to be a lot more bad ass than that. 


With the disappointment of tonight’s meal, I comforted my inner foodie by making a loaf of homemade bread.  It won’t be done for a few hours, but in the morning the girls and I will start our day with warm homemade bread with melted butter and jam on top.  Just thinking about it makes me happy.  I hope your dinner goes well tonight! 


If you would like to join this challenge or next month’s challenge of 30 days of cupcakes, shoot me an email! 
 

These recipes can be found on Loving My Nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!