Friday, March 8, 2013

BBQ Chicken and Chicken Tortilla Soup


As quickly as it came, our bad luck with recipes seems to be over.  Yesterday Michelle had company over for dinner and served BBQ Chicken.  She told me it was good, but when her husband found me at work today and told me it was good, I had to believe her.  Then when the company she had over found me and told me it was really good, I really had to believe her.  Luckily I had the BBQ Chicken in the crockpot for dinner tonight.
 

I have never had BBQ chicken with sweet potatoes mixed in, but it was really good.  It gave it a sweet taste that is slightly unexpected.  Michelle had this to say, “The consensus was that it was a success.  We all think it tastes and has the consistency more of Moroccan cuisine than, say, Southern BBQ.  But, that's not a bad thing :)”  In fact her dinner guest also told me that it would be delicious with couscous because of the Moroccan feel.   Sounds good to me!

 

Molly had better luck as well!  She made Chicken Tortilla Soup.  I haven’t made this recipe yet, but Michelle has and she really liked it too!  Molly said she didn’t make the tortillas and it was still good.  Looks good lady!


In other, completely unrelated news, I bought a cuckoo clock today!  It is beautiful and I can’t wait to put the weights back on so that I can see the cute little bears dance on the hour!  Love, love, love this clock!
 
Okay, back to food... 

I have Bean Stew in the fridge thawing out for tomorrow’s dinner.  We will have to wait until we get home to eat dinner thought because we have a hot date planned to go watch Michelle and her fellow teammates kick Amsterdam’s butt in roller derby!  Good luck Michelle!!!

If you would like to share your experiences with making these recipes, check out Loving My Nest for the recipes then email me here!  I will have all new recipes on the 16th to finish the month out with.  Next month will be 30 days of cupcakes!  Can’t wait!  What’s for dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!