Friday, March 22, 2013

Roast Beef and Spaghetti


Tonight I made roast beef in the crock pot.  It was delicious!  I used a 3 lb. beef roast and put it in the crock pot with a can of French onion soup concentrate, Lawry’s, garlic powder, onion powder and a little salt and pepper.  I cooked it on high and it was done in about three hours. 

 

My husband, Brian, was out working on his car kind of late, so I fed the girls dinner first.  I cut it up for them, and then added some green beans and bread with butter.  It was easy to make and they LOVED it.  My five year old, Shylee, went back for thirds.  This makes up for all of the times when she wouldn’t eat the other recipes I’ve made this month.


When Brian got in from working on his car, he ate a bowl of just roast beef and drippings from the crock pot.  He also loved it.  I ate mine by putting a couple pieces of meat on a piece of bread and butter and eating it.  That was great as well.  I had some leftovers, so I will use those in a future recipe.

 
Molly used her crock pot to make Spaghetti.  It looks so good!

 

Here is what Molly had to say, “I did a spaghetti sauce with garlic flavor already in it and I added some of my own seasonings to it and it turned out fine. I liked it and we will he eating it tomorrow as well.”

 
A recipe was posted in the comments on Sausage and Bean Dinner on a Blustery Day for Sausage and White Beans.  If you would like to see that recipe, be sure to go back and read the comments.  I am using the left over roast beef for lunch or dinner tomorrow, but then I promise to give this a go.  It looks so yummy and filling!  Thank you so much for the comment and recipe suggestion!


If you have a recipe you would like to share, or have me try out, please make sure to leave a comment or send me an email.  If you would like to share your meal with us, send me a couple pictures and some words on what you did, and how it went.  You can always email me here.

With spring finally here, the sun is starting to peek out from behind the clouds.  Anyone who lives in Germany knows how big of a deal this is!  With that being said, I may not be posting every single night, but I will still be doing the challenge.  And after the challenge, I will be chasing my kids around at the park (or getting chased by them because they’re crazy little children), and sitting out on my balcony drinking coffee, staring at that big blue sky-thing I haven’t seen in months.  Let me know if you have any spring pictures you would like to share.

“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Anna Karenina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!